The MetroSperm® is a handheld, direct read spectrophotometer for measuring boar semen concentration and temperature.
Semen concentration and temperature are calculated directly from measurements taken in the raw ejaculate sample, quickly and accurately in a matter of seconds.
Consistent Accuracy – The MetroSperm® has shown consistent accuracy when samples were tested by an independent andrology lab for verification. Accuracy of the samples tested were within 3.38% (3.62 billion) of the target total cells per dose of 3.50 billion, when measured at the independent lab.
- Low Cost To Operate – The MetroSperm® requires no extra supplies or lab equipment, unlike other direct read or conventional spectrophotometers that require cuvettes or special slides for preparation of a sample.
- Saves Time & Labor – Compared to conventional semen analysis, the labor and time spent preparing samples is eliminated.
- Easy To Clean – The MetroSperm® probe is made of hardened plastic so cleaning between samples is an easy and quick two step process.
- Greater Reliability – By sampling the raw semen directly, the MetroSperm® improves sampling reliability by eliminating any errors that can be caused by:
- Dilution and sample preparation.
- Technical errors due to faulty or improperly calibrated micropipettes.
- Human error caused by operator inaccuracies in handling the micropippettes or other volumetric measuring instruments.
Stand Alone Version
Includes control unit, probe, 80cm cable and case.
ITEM NUMBER: EVAL 05 01
Includes probe, 120cm cable, software and case.
ITEM NUMBER: EVAL 05 04
For Veterinary Use Only
MetroSperm® is a registered trademark of Import-Vet, S.A., Barcelona, Spain and is distributed by GenePro, Inc. and it’s affiliates.